Tuesday, February 2, 2010

SP Chary Demands 50 Lakhs For Magadheera Story Rights


Although the movie has earned lot of records and has completed its 175 days of run, Magadheera still seems to be getting through controversies.

A novelist SP Chari, claimed that Magadheera is the copy of his novel Chanderi that was published in a Telugu weekly for 36 weeks and is demanding Rs50 lakhs as a compensation for using his idea.

Chary says that “Magadheera film is the copy of the novel Chanderi that was published in a Telugu weekly for 36 weeks, 12 years back. When Magadheera was released, I was in Australia and I couldn’t stop the release of the film. Mean while Allu Arjun and Allu Sirish have requested me through mails not to go to court. They have earned more than Rs120 Crs from Telugu and planning to remake the film in Hindi. Now My demand is that they should pay Rs50 lacs other wise I will knock the doors of High court for violating the copy right act.

No comments:

Post a Comment